Click here to ApplyMedical Sterilization Specialist – اخصائي التعقيم الطبي – Ministry of Defense -Medical Services Directorate
Duties and Responsibilities
- Operates, monitors, and maintains steam & gas plasma sterilizers, washer-disinfectors, ultrasonic cleaners, electronic test systems, and all other CSSD equipment by adhering to manufacturer’ instructions for is (IFU) and departmental protocols.
- Cleans and decontaminates used instruments and equipment by following prescribed techniques.
- Processes and maintains sterile instruments and surgical sets by adhering to established standardization of sets and correct handling techniques.
- Collects and distributes items to and from the units in a timely manner, in the absence of attendant, and correctly documents and reports any defects, losses, or shortage problems.
- Inspects all instruments and devices to determine that they are in good working condition.
- Serves as a Team Leader as assigned by the Manager or Assistant CSSD Manager/designee.
- Participates in the ordering of supplies. Ensure adequate stock is on hand and monitors expiration of supplies to avoid wastage. Participates in the evaluation of new products and makes recommendations for purchase.
- Recognizes emergencies or priority work.
- Maintains quality standards of service.
- Reports in the orientation of staff and student nurses, and ongoing training and development programs.
- Takes responsibility for his/her own professional conduct and growth.
- Ensures patient confidentiality is maintained.
- Keeps work area and equipment clean.
- Recognizes and maintains infection control practices.
- Maintain accurate and legible documentation.
- Acts as a mentor to new staff and others when necessary
- Adheres to hospital and departmental policies.
- Performs other applicable tasks and takes appropriate action, duties within the realm of his/her knowledge, skills, and abilities.
|Job Location:||Eastern Province, Saudi Arabia|
|Job Role:||Medical, Healthcare, and Nursing|
|Company Industry:||Public Administration|
|Career Level:||Entry Level|