Click here to Applyأخصائي أشعة علاجية بمستشفى الهدا / Radiotherapy Specialist – Ministry of Defence -Medical Services Directorate
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform as team leader when selected and assigned as such by Superintendent Therapy Radiographer / Deputy Superintendent Therapy Radiographer. As a team leader, he/she will act as the overall in-charge of the Radiation Therapy location. (CT sim, Treatment Unit, Brachytherapy or Gamma Knife when other Specialist Radiographer and Therapy Radiographer will be reporting directly to him/her. Radiotherapy Specialist is to ensure that all the required management and organization and its related highest standard and in an efficient manner and in compliance with departmental PSI-IRC policies and procedures.
- Be responsible to organize, efficient workflow in the organization and management of patient scheduling for all Radiation Therapy procedures in Mould room, CT sim, Treatment Units, Brachytherapy treatments, IORT treatment, Gamma Knife procedure and it is completed in a timely manner as requested by the Consultant Clinical/ Radiation Oncologist.
- Ensure that all the required daily, weekly and monthly Radiation Therapy QA procedures in the Mould room, CT sim Treatment Unit, Brachytherapy treatments, IORT, Gamma Knife Procedures.
- Ensure that all the require Pre/During/Post Radiation Therapy QA procedure in the Mould room.
- Ensure that all correct procedures in the assigned area are completed in a timely manner as requested by the Consultant Clinical/Radiation Oncologist.
- Prepare and complete OVR over non-compliance to departmental policies and take the necessary corrective procedure to resolve this issues and initiate a preventive procedures to prevent further incidences in collaboration with the Superintendent Therapy Radiographer.
- Inform, update and follow-up with the Superintendent / Deputy Therapy Radiographer on any issues that can affect the efficient running or may affect the quality care that need to be provided to the patients for radiation therapy procedures.
- Assist the Superintendent / Deputy Radiographer, in monitoring the safety procedures in Radiation Therapy related to Occupational Safety Management, Hazardous Material Management, Fire and Safety procedures and Infection Control Procedures are practice as required by the PSHRC Policies.
- Assist the Deputy Superintendent Therapy Radiographer to monitor, report and docuemtn equipments breakdown or failure and accessories damage.
- Assist the Deputy Superintendent Radiographer, to organize the new Therapy Radiographer Orientation and the completion of the required competency profile review for the new Therapy Radiographer.
- Assist the Deputy Superintendent Therapy Radiographer, to complete the therapy, Radiographer Clinical tutor, Radiotherapy Specialist, Radiotherapy Technician and clerks annual evaluation as required.
- Assist the Deputy Superintendent Therapy Radiographer to prepare and submit a monthly QA audit review.
- Assist the Deputy Superintendent Therapy Radiographer and Clinical tutor to provide the required training program for Radiation Therapy students.
- Continuously be updated with the current Evidence-based clinical and technical knowledge related to Radiation Therapy.
- Perform other applicable task and duties within the realm of the employee knowledge, skills and ability.
- Radiation Therapy often involves daily treatments extending over several weeks. This treatment methods uses highly sophisticated equipment and requires a great deal of initial planning as well as constant patient care and monitoring.
- Remain sensitive to the physical and emotional needs of patients.
- Assist in lifting patients and can stand for extended periods.
- Administer radiation therapy as prescribed by the Physician.
- Display professional conduct essential to the well being of the Radiation Oncology patient.
- Work closely with the radiation Oncologist and therapy team in the preparation of a treatment plan that is customized to the patient’s needs.
- Review medical records for accurate and timely documentation. Performs other tasks and duties with the realm of his/her knowledge skills and abilities designated or assigned
|Job Location:||Altaif, Saudi Arabia|
|Job Role:||Medical, Healthcare, and Nursing|
|Company Industry:||Medical Hospital|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|