Click here to ApplyFood Safety and Nutrition Specialist (Syria/Turkey) – ACTED
Under the supervision of the Deputy Country Director for Program in Amman, the Food Safety and Nutrition Specialist will provide technical support for the implementation of food safety and nutrition in ACTED’s Food Security & Livelihoods programming portfolio. The technical support will focus on advice and supervision of matters related to the programme and logistics teams.
The position is based in Amman and requires remote management. It might require periodic travel to Turkey and the Kurdish Region of Iraq.
1. Program Implementation
· Objective 1.1: Provide Technical Advice and Support to ACTED’s Food Security programming
The FSN Specialist will:
· Support Coordination and Project Managers in the implementation of Food security projects, particularly FFP related projects, through the provision of technical advice and cross-check and the consolidation of information to share at Coordination level in Amman.
· Demonstrate leadership by suggesting improved ways to support and enhance ACTED’s Food Safety and Nutrition in its FSL portfolio and working with the Project Managers and Coordination to develop new activities for ACTED.
· Support Project Managers in the facilitation of communication between the field and FLAT teams at Capital level for food safety and nutrition related matters.
· Objective 1.2 :Technical Tasks.
The FSN Specialist is responsible for:
· Overseeing, through a team of Food Safety Monitors, quality checks for local food vendors.
· Drafting OFs and BoQs, as well as review and provide technical feedback for BoQs developed in the field.
· Leading the harmonization of the food safety and nutrition activities across ACTED teams in Syria, in order to build the capacity of the teams in this sector.
· Providing advice and support to the Logistics team on the correct processes for quality control/assurance during purchasing of food items and subsequent delivery and storage of food items.
· Providing guidance to ACTED on appropriate food testing methodologies to produce Certification of anylasis (CoAs) that are in line with WFP and FFP.
· Providing technical support to ACTED’s Monitoring and Evaluation (AME) team on the development of nutrition indicators and surveys.
· Reviewing and develop ACTED’s Standard Operartion procedures (SOPs) for food quality monitoring and assurance, including management of warehouses to be compliant with donor standards for food storage.
· Taking a lead on the review and further development of training material and Training of the Trainers (TOT) for activities relating to nutrition and food safety.
· Supporting the development of training material and TOT related to food safety.
· Provide ad hoc support to Programme teams in the implementation of nutrition awareness activities
· Assessing monitoring and evaluation reports to identify gaps, strengths and/or weaknesses in nutrition programmes. Identify lessons learned and use knowledge gained for development planning and timely intervention to achieve goals
· Objective 1.3: Management of food safety and nutrition team
The FSN Specialist shall be responsible for the management of food safety monitors and for ensuring that all are comprehensively briefed on the objective, expected output and overall implementation strategy of any given activity. The FSN Specialist shall ensure that Food Safety Monitors and Nutrition Assistants are given training and complete all the necessary documentation in line with programme requirements.
· Objective 1.4: Reporting
The FSN Specialist shall support the reporting team in the preparation of reports to be submitted to Donors / Authorities / Coordination bodies (WASH working group / Internal Coordination). He/she will be expected to provide reports covering activity implementation, achievement of objectives, successes / challenges, beneficiary feedback, etc.
The FSN Specialist is also expected to provide regular reports to the line manager on the progress of the implementation of activities and on observations made during the mission and collaborate closely with the AME unit as part of monitoring and evaluation activities.
· Objective 1.5: Project Development.
The FSN Specialist shall support and meet Project Development department to assist on projects design, especially by technical specifications and related budgets, participation in the review of technical proposals and concept notes, create assessment related to project development.
· Objective 1.6: external representation.
The FSN Specialist shall be an active participant in technical and sectoral meetings, and working groups involving NGOs and UN Agencies and all other governmental institutions;
More generally, the FSN Specialist is expected to contribute to the creation of a positive image and overall credibility of the organisation, notably through the application of ACTED’s mandate, ethics, values and stand-point with regard to other actors.
2. General Functions
· Objective 2.1: Completion of Programme Filing for Completed Project components
The FSN Specialist shall ensure that, for all activities s/he is responsible, all relevant filing is properly organised, up-to-date and complete.
· Objective 2.2: Facilitation
The FSN Specialist is expected to contribute to trainings and programme coordination meetings.
|Job Location:||Amman, Jordan|
|Job Role:||Support Services|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|