Click here to ApplyHead Nurse – Emergency Department ( ED ) / رئيسة تمريض قسم الطوارئ – Ministry of Defense -Medical Services Directorate
Duties and Responsibilities
Job Specific Duties
- Oversees the entire Emergency Department and ensure that all staff work together to provide optimum care for patients.
- Assesses risks, responds to and solves issues that arise in the Emergency Department and provides a safe working environment for the entire team.
- Promotes and participates in health education of patients, relatives and staff.
- Ensures annual leave, shifts and duties are allocated to nursing staff to maintain adequate staffing throughout the 24 hours.
- Coordinates and monitors activities of nursing staff and patients.
- Anticipates, identifies potential / actual problems and resolutions recommending changes as necessary.
- Maintains effective communication within the Emergency Department and health care team.
- Participates in orientation of new staff, staff appraisal, counseling and in the formal appraisal procedures, and promotes good staff relationship.
- Ensures the consistent / accurate preparation of nursing records.
- Ensures effective and optimum use of equipment and resources.
- Maintains the control of storage and administration of drugs, including narcotics.
- Maintains adequate levels of medical / surgical consumables and reports stock shortage.
- Prepares and participates in staff development programs.
- Contributes and participates in Nursing Committees and Hospital Committees as delegated.
- Ensures accurate collection of data in relation to patient activity in order that statistics are accurately complied.
- Ensures that all clinical and legal documents completed by the nursing staff are accurate and legible and that the nurses understand the relevance and confidentiality of their nature.
- Ensures competencies are conducted on regular basis.
- Ensures all hospital and unit policies are adhered to.
- Performs other tasks and duties within the scope of his/her knowledge, skills and abilities as delegated/ assigned in accordance with the hospital policy.
|Job Location:||Riyadh, Saudi Arabia|
|Job Role:||Medical, Healthcare, and Nursing|
|Company Industry:||Public Administration|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|