Click here to ApplyNational Programme Policy Officer NOB Erbil, IRAQ 2020 – World Food Programme
Under the direct supervision of the Head of Erbil area office, involving in a wide variety of programme and policy activities and analytical work, some of which may be of a considerable complexity.This will encompass emergency food and nutrition responses in case of a crisis in Iraq, as well as resilience activities to help crisis affected people rebuild their lives and communities.
To provide support to policy and programme activities that effectively meet food assistance needs.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
Contribute towards the development of a wide variety of projects, plans and processes, ensuring alignment with wider programme policies and guidance.
2. Provide project management support to specific and defined programmes and projects of considerable size/complexity, ensuring a coordinated approach with wider programmes that complies with WFP standards and procedures.
3. Develop and coordinate data gathering and monitoring systems ensuring that rigorous quality standards are maintained.
4. Research and analyse a range of policy and operational issues to inform the development of policies, programmes and activities.
5. Contribute to the preparation of accurate and timely reporting on programmes and activities that enable informed decision making and consistency of information presented to stakeholders.
6. Liaise with internal and external counterparts to ensure effective collaboration, monitor ongoing projects and highlight potential risks to project delivery.
7. Support the identification, development and management of potential partnerships to collaborative working leading to improved food assistance packages.
8. Support the capacity building of WFP staff, partners and national government to prepare for and respond to food assistance needs, e.g. through providing inputs into training materials.
9. Guide and supervise more junior staff, acting as a point of referral and supporting them with analysis and queries.
10. Other as required.
|Job Location:||Erbil, Iraq|
|Job Role:||Support Services|
|Company Industry:||Non-profit Organization|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|