Click here to ApplyPlant Process Engineer – Air Products (Middle East) FZE
- The Air Separation Plant Process Engineer provides technical support for the day to day operation for six (6) world scale Air Separation facilities for the Gases Integrated Company (GIC) in Jazan, Saudi Arabia.
Nature & Scope
- The ASU Plant Process Engineer, reporting to the Operations Director, provides day to day operation support through daily monitoring to insure production and efficiency targets are achieved safely. The role identifies productivity ideas, develops projects and supports the project execution team for the six train ASU facility. The role interfaces with Air Products regional and global teams for the sharing of best practices with the GIC.
- Maintain a safe work environment. Demonstrate leadership with all company & industry safe work processes to prevent all injuries. Insure proper documentation is maintained for safety related activities.
- Provide technical support to the Operations team providing guidance for the operation of the six Air Separation units as prescribed by the Work Instruction Procedures
- Provide process safety support in the developing and reviewing of Management of Change Notices. Consult Air Products process safety personnel as required for technical support.
- Provide technical support & guidance during the commissioning of the plants. Assist Operations in maintaining accurate document control and monitor quality assurance initiatives.
- Identify productivity opportunities, develop, and execute those opportunities with local, regional, and global resources from Air Products
- Provide technical support to ensure the safe and reliable operation of equipment, processes, utilities, and controls is achieved.
- Lead troubleshooting activities, and participate as the technical lead for Root Cause Investigations, leading technical reviews as required.
- Provide process guidance for advanced control initiatives
- Monitor plant production daily, driving asset performance & insuring daily targets are met to achieve maximum profitable.
- Insure the safety of all operations personnel by utilizing the GIC Basic Safety Practice program, which includes Safety Work Permits, LOTO, Confined Space, etc. The position provides technical support for executing, organizing, and auditing the safety systems, to build the Air Products safety culture into the GIC.
- Provide technical assistance in complying with process safety, MOC’s, and OPHR requirements.
- Insure the facility is operated not to exceed Environmental and Regulatory requirements.
- Provides process engineering leadership to drive asset performance which includes, troubleshooting, plant efficiency, process safety, equipment reliability, advanced controls, asset management and productivity project identification, development, and execution support.
- Provide technical guidance, working with the commissioning team, assisting in the commissioning, startup, and troubleshooting activities.
- o Participate in the training of the Operations team up to plant commissioning
- Participate in developing the month end close model and insure alignment with commercial obligations for the GIC
- Insure Air Products and GIC standards, global best practices for EH&S, productivity, reliability, quality, and overall customer services are met
- Provide process engineering support to operations in order to effectively operate the ASU’s to meet the customer’s satisfaction on safety, reliability, product quality, and flexibility of product supply while in compliance of contractual requirements.
- Support & maintain close working relationships with engineering and maintenance personnel to continuously monitor & evaluate plant systems & equipment through a Plant Process Advisory Model.
- Provide technical leadership in supporting/leading investigations and Root Cause Analysis in order to identify & implement sustainable corrective actions.
- Responsible for insuring month end closing reports are accurate and align with contractual requirements
- Maintain alignment with the Operations Superintendent, Site Leadership and the Business Area to align with asset management opportunities and commercial priorities
- Provide technical support for Advanced Controls initiatives
- Provide technical support and safety leadership for MOC’s, OPHR’s, and other safety related initiatives in order to drive process safety compliance.
- Provide technical support for turnarounds
|Job Location:||Jizan, Saudi Arabia|
|Company Industry:||Oil & Gas|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|