Click here to ApplyPressure Systems Engineer – Air Products (Middle East) FZE
To provide Pressure Systems & Equipment engineering oversight to ensure the safe & reliable operation of six (6) large Air Separation Plants and associated product storage & delivery systems operated by the Gases Integrated Company (GIC) in Jazan, Saudi Arabia.
Nature & Scope
Properly functioning pressure systems & equipment are critical to the safe, reliable, and efficient operation of the Air Separation Plants and associated equipment & systems. As a member of the site technical team, the Pressure Systems Engineer will interact routinely with plant operations, maintenance, and engineering personnel to provide “hands-on” field-engineering support, instructions, and technical guidance related to the site’s Pressure Systems & Equipment including: Pressure Vessels, Columns, Heat Exchangers, Process Piping, Valves, Storage Tanks, Vaporizers, Pipelines, and Relief Devices. The Pressure Systems Engineer will develop, implement, and manage a comprehensive mechanical integrity program centered on reliability-based methodologies. The position emphasizes teamwork, communications, organization, change management, work process optimization, planning, leadership, and hands-on technical skills with comprehensive knowledge across engineering disciplines.
· Provide & maintain a safe work environment for self & others. Employ good housekeeping methods and demonstrate leadership with all company & industry safe work processes to prevent injuries.
· Provide engineering evaluation & determinations, issue technical direction & guidance, and oversee Inspection & Quality Assurance initiatives for all Pressure Systems & Equipment troubleshooting, maintenance, repair, and test activities.
· Provide engineering support & guidance during the construction of the plants. Maintain accurate document control and monitor quality assurance initiatives.
· Provide engineering guidance to ensure reliability and maintainability of equipment, processes, utilities, facilities, controls, and safety/security systems.
· Provide engineering input for development and maintenance of Pressure System & Equipment standards, procedures, best practices, inspection contracts, and contractor selection guidelines.
· Develop detailed engineering specifications for the procurement of pressure system components and equipment.
Mechanical Integrity & Quality Assurance
· Develop, implement, and manage a comprehensive risk-based mechanical integrity program for all Pressure Systems & Equipment.
· Establish & maintain a relationship with the local pressure system inspection bureau, maintain relevant statutory, regulatory, technology standards, and code information consistent with GIC plant operational objectives
· Establish & maintain compliance with all company and local regulations.
· Utilize predictive and other non-destructive inspection & test methodologies to identify and isolate inherent reliability problems.
· Develop repair procedures & inspection plans and provide technical guidance to plant operations, maintenance, and engineering personnel regarding Quality Assurance (QA) inspection types and methods.
· Maintain expertise in existing and new technologies associated with the inspection of pressurized systems (e.g. Shear Wave, Eddy Current, Acoustic Emissions)
Repair & Maintenance:
· Establish & maintain close working relationships with operations and maintenance personnel to continuously monitor & evaluate plant systems & equipment.
· Develop and implement a comprehensive Pressure Systems & Equipment maintenance plan and provide appropriate technical guidance and detailed instructions to schedule, execute, and monitor compliance of plans.
· Collect data and provide input to a Risk Management Plan to anticipate reliability-related, and non-reliability-related risks that could adversely impact plant operation.
· Develop and implement engineering solutions to repetitive failures and other conditions which adversely impact plant operations.
· Develop and implement inspection & test plans for operation of Pressure Systems & Equipment during fabrication / installation / repair activities.
· Provide engineering support and participate / lead incident investigations and Root Cause Analysis. Identify & implement sustainable corrective action(s).
· Provide value analysis to repair / replace, repair / redesign, and make / buy decisions.
· Maintain Provide guidance to the Maintenance team in setting spare parts inventory levels, manage quality, and provide input to inventory strategies.
· Employ appropriate project development and project management activities (including scope, budget, schedule, execution strategies, risk plans, cost collection / reporting, etc.) for the execution of all projects and turnaround activities.
· Develop and manage of the Assist in developing the annual budget for Pressure Systems & Equipment maintenance, repair, and major turn-around activities.
· Promote an atmosphere of team spirit through good example, open communication, good listening, and timely problem resolutions.
· Drive continuous improvement in safety performance, reliability, and cost of quality goals.
· Establish & maintain relationships with regional pressure system equipment suppliers
· Foster and support positive working relationships with internal and external customers.
· Participate at professional association meetings to determine best practices being used in the industry and apply them to our pressure systems.
|Job Location:||Jizan, Saudi Arabia|
|Job Role:||Chemical Engineering|
|Company Industry:||Oil & Gas|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|