Click here to ApplyRegistered Nurse II – Hemodialysis Unit / ممرضة قانونية ثانية وحدة غسيل الكلى – Ministry of Defense -Medical Services Directorate
Duties and Responsibilities
Job Specific Duties
- Successfully initiates, monitors and terminates haemodialysis, peritoneal dialysis and dialysis related treatment.
- Prepares, checks monitors and cleans all needed equipment, sets up and primes the dialysis machines and the blood lines.
- Continuously monitors patients’ condition and appropriate parameters before, during and after dialysis treatment. Keeps the Nephrologists informed of patients changes in patients condition.
- Ensure proper assessment of patients condition pre, intra and post haemodialysis treatment.
- Knowledge on hooking procedure and termination procedure via Arterio Venous Fistula and Arterio Venous Graft.
- Cleans and dresses aseptically permanent and temporary haemodialysis catheters.
- Oversees dialysis from start to end.
- Knowledge on hooking procedure and termination procedure via Subclavian, Femoral, Intrajugular double lumen and permanent haemodialysis catheter.
- Ensures safe blood transfusion during dialysis.
- Knowledge on preventive maintenance schedule of Reverse Osmosis System.
- Knowledge on general and total disinfection of haemodialysis machines.
- Ensures safe administration of heparin during dialysis to prevent clotting and thrombolytic deposits in the extra corporeal circuits as well as vascular access during haemodialysis.
- Prevents complications in patients with coagulopathy and heparin free haemodialysis.
- Teaches patients and significant others how to manage their sickness by explaining post home care management, diet, nutrition, self administered medication when required.
- Participates in the planning and provision of patient and family education relative to their understanding of the illness and treatment. Collaborates with other healthcare team members to develop patient education plan.
- Secures blood works.
- Performs a variety of supportive and technical nursing skills utilizing a range of equipment,supplies, medications and others in carrying out specific medical orders for administration of medication and performance of specific patient treatments, using equipment in a safe and effective manner.
- Maintains safety and well-being of patients and staff in accordance with hospital policies and policies.
- Performs procedures accurately, completely and safely according to hospital policies and procedures.
- Supervises junior and new staff and participates in orientation and development program.
- Assists in the formation of nursing care standards / policies and supports the Unit Manager and unit staff in its implementation.
- Participates in the care, custody and administration of medicine in accordance with hospital policy.
- Participates with the physician’s rounds and ensure that orders are carried out appropriately.
- Ensures that infection control practices are adhered to in accordance with approved Infection Control policies.
- Documents and reports all accidents / incidents to the Head Nurse / Charge Nurse and Site Manager.
- Ensures that all nursing documents are completed accurately and legibly and understands the importance and relevance of their confidential nature.
- Assists in data collection for monitoring and statistical purposes.
- Participates in the development and training of Nursing Institute students.
- Takes responsibility for own professional development and growth and remains updated in current professional practices.
- Demonstrates effective communication in the working place.
- Utilizes the service of an interpreter to ensure effective communication.
- Collaborates with interdisciplinary health team members in establishing the plan of care for selected patient population.
- Assists with the resolution of problems on a shift-to-shift basis, with appropriate documentation and follow-up reports to the Unit Manager.
- Participates in Nursing Committees.
- Demonstrates high standards of clinical knowledge and practices.
- Maintains confidentiality of patient’s illness and care.
- Contributes to Continuous Quality Improvement by identifying nursing problems in the unit.
|Job Location:||Riyadh, Saudi Arabia|
|Job Role:||Medical, Healthcare, and Nursing|
|Company Industry:||Public Administration|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|