Click here to ApplySenior procurement engineer – Albahaa Contracting
- Procurement Engineers use their specialized knowledge to determine that the facility has the machinery, components, and supplies needed to efficiently and safely operate.
- They review any engineering changes that impact material or supplier, to adjust stocks accordingly.
- An important responsibility of a Procurement Engineer is choosing the appropriate suppliers to purchase from.
- Procurement Engineers do extensive industry research, meet with salespeople and compares their products and prices.
Negotiate Prices and Award Contracts
- Once the Procurement Engineer has selected vendors, they negotiate sales agreements to purchase the required products.
- They then award contracts to the vendors and continue to administer these contracts throughout the relationship.
- Procurement Engineers are responsible for managing supplier performance in terms of quality, cost, delivery, and responsiveness.
- They periodically review suppliers and launch improvement programs where required.
- Procurement Engineers must always be thinking of ways to eliminate waste and variability in the supply chain.
- Plan/prepare/control the procurement plan with coordination with project management.
- Control/Meet the budget with coordination between cost control & project management.
- Search best suppliers and prepare supplier evaluation with coordination with project management based on their performance and projects feedback.
|Company Industry:||Project & Construction Planning|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|