Click here to Applyأخصائي علاج تنفسي – Ministry of Defence -Medical Services Directorate
Duties and Responsibilities
Will resoond to all Code Blues as per Hupital Code Blue Policy
- Liases with Physicians, Nursing Staff and
- Evaluate patients’ respiratory care needs using the comprehensive patient assessment and/or limited patient assessment as
- Discuss protocol for individual patients of respiratory care with attending physician and if
needed with Supervisor and/or Director of Respiratory.
- In the intensive care units provide the required respiratory care, with continued monitoring and evaluation according to the frequency needed as per patient care
- Perform arterial and capillary blood sampling for
- Maintains the respiratory care equipment to the required standard of function and
- Contributes to valuation and establishment of the department’s standard policies and
- Assists in departmental research projects and in the assessment of new respiratory care equipment and
3.9 Perform other applicable t.asks and duties assigned within the realm of his/her knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Respiratory Therapist assigned to the Emergency Department: other duties will include:
- Ensure that every ED bay/room has functional oxygen set up, connected and ready for immediate use.
- Administer oxygen to patients as per physician’s written
- Administer all respiratory treatments as per physician• s written
3.I0.4 As part of the Code Blue Tearn, will attend all Code Blues.
3.10.5 Will assist the nurse in the transfer of (only) intubated patients to any intensive care unit within the hospital, by bagging or using transport ventilatQr to the patient if needed. ·
3 .10.6If it is determined that a respiratory therapist must accompany a nurse and a physician intransferring a patient to or from another health facility and any hospita.I procedure, then the ER Respiratory Therapist will be the one designated. The Respiratory Therapist does not replace the Paramedic in a transfer situation. IftheA&.E Respiratory Therapist must be part of a transfer team, the Respiratory Therapist may or may not be covered in A&E by another Respiratory Therapist. This will be at the discretion of the Director of Respiratory Therapy or the Therapeutics Supervisor, and this decision will depend on availability of Respiratory Therapy staff and workload throughout the hospital.
3.10.7 Will document all performed patient related services on “Progress Notes” form No. MSD-MED.ADMIN Fl2.
- May be assigned pennanent or rotating shifts: 9 or 12 hour shifts, as per departmental
- ls required to score a rating of no less than “C” average on the Employee Performance Evaluation on probationary and annual The rating factors are:
- Job knowledge
- Quality of work
- Quantity of work
- Punctuality I Attendance I Appearance
- Educates patients and/or families on matters relevant to the patient’s condition/s as
- Protects and upholds the rights of the patients and their
Participates in quality improvement and patient safety activities and attends quality improvement educational activities as appropriate.
3.16 Adheres to infection control guidelines.
3.I7 Maintains confidentiality at all times.
|Job Location:||Jeddah , Saudi Arabia|
|Job Role:||Medical, Healthcare, and Nursing|
|Company Industry:||Medical Hospital|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|