WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
All applications should be received no later than Monday 7th December 2020
CONTRACT TYPE AND DURATION
This position is open to Syrian or Syrian/Palestinian nationals, or holders of a work permit and residency in Syria.
Contract Type: Special Service Agreement (SSA5)
Duration: 11 months
Duty Station: Damascus
Number of required employees: 2
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
In Syria, WFP provides food assistance to more than 4.6 million people each month. This includes families who require emergency assistance when affected by conflict and displacement and also those who need help to improve their nutrition and food security. WFP supports children across Syria with healthy meals and snacks at school, mothers with nutritious diets, and families and communities with sustainable livelihood projects
The Logistic Assistant (Funds Management and Billing) will work in the Logistics Funds Management section of the Supply Chain Unit and in collaboration with other units of WFP.
This post is based in Damascus and falls under the direct supervision of the Logistics Associate (Funds Management and Billing) and overall responsibility of the Head of Supply Chain.
To implement well-defined standard funds management and billing processes and activities to enable effective delivery of goods and services for all delivery modalities.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
Within delegated authority, the Logistics Assistant (Funds Management and Billing) will be responsible for the following duties:
• Provide support to logistics operations and activities, following standard processes and facilitating, directly or indirectly, the effective delivery of food assistance to beneficiaries.
• Create and maintain Transport Purchase Orders (TPO) in WFP’s Information Network and Global System (WINGS) using the correct budget codes, vendor details, quantities, contract rates and contract terms.
• Create and maintain Service Entry Sheets (SES) in WINGS after verifying that TPO details are correct and are related to the services rendered prior to the approval of service delivery confirmation.
• Ensure service providers submit their claim in a timely manner according to WFP corporate transport and logistics standards.
• Ensure service provider invoices are processed & cleared in a timely manner based on valid contracts.
• Ensure problematic vendor invoices are communicated to the immediate supervisor and vendors for correction.
• Support reconciliation of data in country office and corporate systems to determine validity, ensure accuracy, and make follow-ups accordingly, in support to informed decision-making.
• Contribute to budget preparation, monitoring and revision for all delivery modalities, ensuring adherence to relevant procedures and in compliance with corporate standards.
• Collect and compile data, produce and/or contribute to reports (e.g. CCTI, SPRs, financial closure, transport performance, invoice status).
• Ensure proper filing of invoices, contracts and correspondences related to Logistics funds management and invoice processing.
• Respond to a variety of technical queries/requests for support, following standard processes, and obtaining guidance as required, to ensure timely and accurate resolution of all enquiries with a high standard of client service mind-set.
• Liaise with internal and limited number of external stakeholders to support efficient funds management and invoice processing.
• Perform other duties, as required by the supervisor.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable.
Experience: At least four years of experience in a field related to the function. Experience in logistics, transport, shipping, supply chain, finance, or accounting is highly desirable.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Arabic.
|Logistics and Transportation