Click here to ApplyReal Estate Investment Team leader – NIIAR
The Real Estate Investment Team Leader helps in researching, planning, developing and expanding the operational implementation of the capital market and professional services divisions. This position entails a professional with deliberate thinking and an entrepreneurial mindset with great energy, leadership, and initiative to drive and develop new business lines.
This position will assist in the departmental structure, new solutions offerings, financial pricing and modeling, operational control, reporting and procedures, in addition to identifying deliverables and setting KPIs.
In addition, you will help in building and maintaining a competitive advantage in the marketplace through team leadership, investment analysis, strategic insights, and forward-looking reporting that demonstrates a business development mindset.
- Maintain a constructive and highly interactive relationship with all departments to maximize portfolio value and streamline reporting and drive standardization process discipline.
- Continually develop, enhance, and leverage detailed knowledge of the local economies and real estate markets.
- Research the key drivers behind occupier, investor, and owner real estate strategies and trends.
- Oversee and manage the general Investment functions, including but not limited to financial, investment and business process aspects of new solutions.
- Develop and leverage relationships with commercial real estate industry and related organizations to maximize market knowledge and business opportunities.
- Lead, manage & generate investment opportunities for prospective projects with an emphasis on financial analysis, market research and due diligence to recommend the proper investment decisions.
- Must be technically proficient in use of databases and be able to effectively utilize data to determine trends and prepare for pitches and meetings.
- Identify and evaluate potential new investments in the MENA Region to produce optimal returns & research full infrastructure presentations for new solutions in real estate investments.
- Conduct macroeconomic, capital and property market analysis on financial risk, regulatory compliance and regional security issues as they relate to MENA region relevant to the recommended solutions.
- Responsible for complex financial modeling of commercial real estate transactions including vacant lands, office, industrial, retail, multi-housing, hotels.
- Maintain a network of contacts to source lending opportunities.
- Work with marketing teams and business unit leaders to position as a contributor to business development efforts through new business pitches and presentations.
- Assist in establishing the Investment Division’s organizational structure based on NIIAR’s mission and vision.
- Create and grow a professional team environment that is collaborative, market-leading and differentiating.
- Manage staff including hiring, goal setting, performance management and training.
- Motivate and inspire the team to constantly explore the economy and market from the ground-level up, taking that knowledge to create relevant, timely and predictive research that helps securing more business and guides our clients’ decision-making process.
- Collaborate with executive and senior management to set and review business objectives.
The dynamic business environment of the company might bring changes in job nature induced by new technology, new business lines, new regulations… The Company might require the jobholder to carry out additional tasks that he/she will be trained and coached on…
- Master’s Degree, in Finance, Economics, Real Estate, or related discipline or an equivalent combination of education & experience.
- Completed or progressing towards CFA/RICS; PMP certification is a plus.
- 5+ years of experience in a financial analysis environment.
- 3+ years of experience in real estate industry.
- Experience in working and managing remotely teams in a global setting.
Advanced/professional proficiency in Arabic and English is required; French is a Plus.
- Critical Thinking –and highly analytical.
- Proactive self-starter with an entrepreneurial attitude and great instincts for value.
- Maturity – provide a good balance of risk taking and judgment; is aggressive and confident.
- A natural networker, you’ll be keen to get to know the movers and shakers in the industry.
- Excellent financial modeling skills with clear familiarity with the management of debt and financial reporting.
- Ability to efficiently analyze and synthesize qualitative and quantitative information.
- Demonstrated interest and experience in commercial real estate with strong experience in financial analysis (required) and exposure to real estate operations (encouraged).
- Strong command of details including project status and ability to drive projects to successful conclusion
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Leadership – easily move others to action by delegating, coaching, planning, motivating, organizing, and controlling workflow.
- Ability to multi-task, work successfully under pressure and effectively manage time and workload.
- Knowledge of industry’s legal rules and guidelines.
- In depth knowledge of diverse business functions and principles (e.g. Operations, Marketing, Finance, Customer Service etc.)
- Expert in MS Office: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and web-based mapping, CRM and tracking software developed internally to analyze, quantify, and recommend transactions.
- Ability to travel upon business requirements.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule remotely including evenings and weekends when needed.
|Job Location:||Beirut, Lebanon|
|Job Role:||Finance and Investment|
|Company Industry:||Real Estate|