Click here to ApplyRegistered Nurse II – Adult Intensive Care Unit (AICU) / ممرضة قانونية ثانية وحدة العناية المركزة لل – Ministry of Defense -Medical Services Directorate
Duties and Responsibilities
Job Specific Duties
- Upon receiving the patient, conducts the first initial physical assessment.
- Sets up, monitors and interprets electronic displays such as intracranial pressure, central venous pressure, pulmonary artery pressure, cardiac rhythms from cardiac monitors, respirators, mechanical ventilators, oxygen and alarms to evaluate patient’s vital signs and pain score levels.
- Monitors catheters, leads and tubes for proper placement and functioning.
- Monitors patient’s fluid intake and output to detect emerging problems such as fluid and electrolyte imbalances.
- Takes samples for laboratory tests, compiles and analyze lab reports on critical values and informs Physician appropriately.
- Prepares equipments and assists Physician during examination and procedures safely following hospital policies.
- Critical care nurses provide direct and individual nursing care based on age specific needs and alter nursing care plan as necessary to meet those needs.
- Consults and coordinates with health care team members to assess, plan, implement and evaluates nursing care plans for the patient.
- Responds to life saving situations based upon nursing standards and protocol.
- Records all care given information concisely, accurately and completely in a timely manner. Demonstrates effective communication through proper documentation and collaborates with interdisciplinary health team members regarding the progress of the patient.
- Maintains safety and well being of patients and staff in accordance with hospital policies and guidelines.
- Ensures that infection control practice is adhered to Infection Control Policies related to Intensive Care Unit.
- Assists and supports the Head Nurse and unit staffs in the implementation of nursing care standards/policies.
- Documents and reports all accidents/incidents to the Head Nurse/Charge Nurse and Site Manager.
- Maintains high confidentiality of patient’s illness and care.
- Contributes to Continuous Quality Improvement and Patient Safety by identifying nursing problems in the unit.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
|Job Location:||Riyadh, Saudi Arabia|
|Job Role:||Medical, Healthcare, and Nursing|
|Company Industry:||Public Administration|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|