Click here to ApplyRegistered Nurse II – Pediatric Intensive Care Unit / ممرضة قانونية ثانية وحدة العناية المركزة للأط – Ministry of Defense -Medical Services Directorate
Duties and Responsibilities
Job Specific Duties
- Performs a variety of supportive and technical nursing skills utilizing a range of equipment, supplies, medication and others in carrying out specific medical orders for administration of medication and performance of specific patient treatment, using equipment in a safe and effective manner.
- PICU staff Establishes a good working environment in which patients receives a high standard of care.
- PICU staff Performs procedures accurately, completely and safely in an aseptic way according to the hospital policies and procedures.
- PICU staff should be knowledgeable and competent in managing patients with ventilators and critically ill patients.
- PICU staff should ensure complete thorough physical assessment is done upon admission.
- Informs the Head Nurse/Charge Nurse of any charges in which affect the standard care.
- Maintains safety and well-being of patient and staff in accordance with hospital policies and policies.
- Ensures that infection control practice is adhered to in accordance with approved infection control policies.
- Able to compute Paediatric Intensive care drug calculations and assist in specific procedures related to the age group.
- Documents and reports all accidents / incidents to the Head Nurse /Charge Nurse and Site Manager.
- Ensures that all nursing documents are completed accurately and legibly and understands the importance and relevance of their confidential nature.
- Maintains Safe and clean environment for the patient, including fire and safety, disaster management and infection control.
- Assist in data collection for monitoring and statistical purposes.
- Participates in the development training of Nursing Institute Students.
- Each staff is responsible for own professional development and growth and remains updated in current professional practices.
- Acts as resources personal for other nursing staff, patients and relatives.
- Coordinates patient placement for optimum utilization of beds ,based on patients needs and infection control principles.
- Contributes and Continues Quality Improvement by identifying nursing problems in the unit.
- Maintains a professional appearance and adhered to dress code policy.
- Maintains competency in paediatric CPR.
- Considers cultural differences and the effects of hospitalization on child and family.
- Provides health education teaching as appropriate.
- Participates in the education of child and parents regarding care at home.
- Responsible for checking crash cart , equipment inventories , room check and reports to Head Nurse /Assistant head Nurse Or Shift charge on duty.
|Job Location:||Riyadh, Saudi Arabia|
|Job Role:||Medical, Healthcare, and Nursing|
|Company Industry:||Public Administration|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|