Click here to ApplyTechnical Development Manager – NOMAC
Strategy, Planning, & Execution
- Brings together relevant technical stream and operational leads to identify and priorities technical learning needs, informing changes to the plan.
- Makes a call on prioritization, where conflict arises. Inputs into prioritization criteria agreed in conjunction with the Head of Talent & Performance.
- Supervises and audits the execution of his Training Engineers in their regional scope.
- Reviews strategy of implementation and plans the delivery of future technical programs as business requirements.
Setting Score Cards
- Set up and discuss technical learning and development score cards with KPIs in O&M BU.
- Monitor and Track KPIs relevant to learning, development, and assessment of technical competence.
- Accountable for application of technical learning for O&M BU (ROI on business outcome), reflecting KPIS in balanced score cards as agreed with the business.
- Accountable for technical learning budget and resourcing of the plan, and driving standardization in delivery and learning outcome (ROI) across the region.
- Take part in setting the annual training budget with Head of Talent & Performance to meet business requirements.
- Work with business heads and regional HR to identify key initiatives for budget plans and execution mechanisms.
- Manage and track budget spending vs plans and prioritise where unplanned budget requirements come into effect.
Audits & Contractual Requirements
- Provides guidance and a collective view on providing learning resources and solutions to contractual needs of project companies.
- Supports Regional HR and Country HRBP on reporting and plans towards contractual obligations.
- Proactively understands audit requirements for technical competence and works with direct team and larger Talent & Performance team to ensure provisions are made and set.
- Accountable for decision to reallocate learning resource within O&M BU to respond to an unplanned event e.g. audit failure.
Standards and Accreditation
- Ensuring that the accreditation of technical qualifications and training programs is both professionally run and fit for purpose.
- Co-ordinating the crucial partnership between Nomac and its accreditation bodies.
- Implement Nomac’s accreditation programs to ensure our courses are of a high standard and produce competent and skilled technical professional in our various industries.
- To manage the day-to-day running of the accreditation scheme and undertake all required administration to ensure accreditation is a clear, proportionate, supportive, rigorous, proactive, risk-based process using information and evidence gathered and verified by the NCTJ.
- Communicate and market our accredited qualification programs across Nomac.
- Ensure the quality of our practices meet industry standards and show evidence of criteria met and upheld by stakeholders.
- Provide coaching and mentoring for Training Engineers.
- Creates and fosters an environment that promotes excellent service, employee engagement, performance, culture, teamwork, and accountability.
- Motivates team virtually and communicates well across cultures and achieves productivity in spite of physical distance.
- Understands the career growth of team and aligns their strengths to key business requirements.
- Set policy and procedures relevant to TQP or technical training.
- Joint accountability across O&M BU for governance of technical learning interventions and interfaces with design to identify what’s required to enable the plan, identify any future needs, and any restrictions at the macro level.
- Audit plant teams on their adherence to policy and procedure guidelines relevant to TQP and technical training.
Training & Coaching Delivery
- Lead the design and delivery of technical qualifications pathways of different technologies.
- Develop and deliver a corporate Technical Training Calendar for all powerplants.
- Align with Head of Talent & Performance on growth of employee technical career pathways to incorporate leadership and soft skill aspects of the role as much as technical.
- Collaborate with business subject matter experts to develop new training or revise content.
- Create training material including handouts, and exercises for technical trainings.
- Ensure alternative training techniques (eLearning, Video- Conferencing, etc.) are delivered efficiently and effectively utilised.
- Utilize the Learning Management System (Mishkaty) to design, record and archive attendee attendance, completion of training and provide reporting.
- Provide the educational expertise to instructors and training management to ensure that all training follows a blended approach and assessments where required.
- Perform benchmarking and develop plans to improve training processes and behaviors.
- Evaluate internal technical instructors and provide feedback to improve performance.
- Ensure that every technology has an onboarding program from a new entrant to the field.
- Ensure that within the first 90 days of joining, an employee in Nomac has received the relevant level of learning about the business and their powerplant.
- Audits on-the-job learning effectiveness within the first 90 days within the plant business to review its effectiveness to support a new employee performance.
|Dubai, United Arab Emirates
|Technical Maintenance & Repair