Click here to ApplyBeirut – Procurement Assistant SC 5 – World Food Programme
The post is based in Beirut Country Office (CO). The incumbent reports to the Procurement Officer.
To perform and apply appropriate processes, procedures and policies that support the efficient and effective procurement services.
Within delegated authority and under the direct supervision of the Procurement Officer, the incumbent will be responsible for the following duties:
- Provide operational coordination and administrative services, to support procurement projects and activities, following standard processes and contributing to the effective procurement of goods and services.
- Identify and recommend potential suppliers and compile data/documents to support the selection of suppliers, ensuring standard processes are followed. Experience conducting supplier research and coordinating with retailers, wholesalers and traders.
- Review, record and prioritize purchasing requests, and provide support to requisitioners, in order to support the procurement of appropriate goods and services, at lowest cost to WFP.
- Prepare Micro Purchase Orders, contracts and any supporting documentation for approval by the appropriate stakeholder
- Follow up on issues related to delivered goods, using initiative, liaising with all parties and following standard processes, to ensure timely deliveries
- Research, collect and analyze data in order to produce reports to enable informed decision-making by Procurement Officers, and consistency of information presented to stakeholders.
- Manage updates and further develop databases and records, to ensure information is accurate, organized, and available for others to access, and supports reporting requirements.
- Maintain relationships with internal counterparts, to support the alignment of procurement activities with wider programmes and ensure a coherent approach to meeting food assistance needs.
- Perform other related duties as required.
|Job Location:||Beirut, Lebanon|
|Job Role:||Purchasing and Procurement|
|Company Industry:||Non-profit Organization|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|