Click here to ApplyGynecologist (SRF # 393) – International Medical Corps
Job Title: Gynecologist
Location:Azraq or Zaatari Camp
This position is under the emergency Consultancy Agreement
International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs. Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, nonpolitical, nonsectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide. By offering training and health care to local populations and medical assistance to people at highest risk, and with the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergency situations, International Medical Corps rehabilitates devastated health care systems and helps bring them back to self-reliance.
Scope of Work:
- Overseeing antenatal care, gynecologic care and obstetrics care in Azraq hospital
- Supervision and oversight of midwives
- Provision of clinical management and willingness to learn and follow associated protocols
- Performing deliveries when precipitous deliveries present to clinic. In the future, additional vaginal deliveries may be a part of clinical activities
- Identifying high risk pregnancies warranting transfer to hospital
- Providing referral services with a good understanding of transfer procedures within and out of camp
- Carrying out a clear, complete documentation of patient care and required forms
- Providing post-partum care.
- Providing clinic related procedures (ultrasound, intrauterine device insertion) with a demonstrated competency
- Administering appropriate treatment and counseling for sexually transmitted infections
- Adhere to infection control guide lines.
- Provide TA in development of health education material and health promotion campaign as necessary
- Having good communication skills.
- Advocate to patients.
- Maintain professionalism with colleagues.
- Any additional duties deemed by clinic management to be important for care of beneficiaries
|Job Location:||Al Azraq ash Shamali, Jordan|
|Job Role:||Medical, Healthcare, and Nursing|
|Company Industry:||Non-profit Organization|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|