Click here to ApplyMonitoring Assistant SC4 (3 Posts) 1 Deir Ezzor and 2 Lattakia Field Offices – World Food Programme
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
All applications should be received no later than Sunday 10th January, 2021.
CONTRACT TYPE AND DURATION
This position is open to Syrian or Syrian/Palestinian nationals, or holders of a work permit and residency in Syria.
Contract Type: Service Contract (SC4)
Duration: 12 months
Duty Station: 1 post in Deir Ezzor Field Office and 2 posts in Lattakia Field Office
Number of required employees: 2
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
In Syria, WFP provides food assistance to more than 4.6 million people each month. This includes families who require emergency assistance when affected by conflict and displacement and also those who need help to improve their nutrition and food security. WFP supports children across Syria with healthy meals and snacks at school, mothers with nutritious diets, and families and communities with sustainable livelihood projects.
The Monitoring Assistant will work in the field office, Programme Unit-M&E and AAP section and in collaboration with the other units of WFP.
Supervision received: This post is based in Deir Ezzor and in Lattakia Field Offices, and follow under the direct supervision of the Programme Associate (M&E/AAP) and the overall supervision of Heads of Field Offices.
To perform monitoring activities within a specific coverage area and provide reports to support the effective delivery of assistance packages.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
Within delegated authority, the Monitoring Assistant will be responsible for the following duties:
1. Verify the planned movements and distribution of food or non-food items, reporting issues or discrepancies to the supervisor for timely resolution of problems and to ensure that the quantity distributed and the quality of the operation is in line with WFP standards.
2. Maintain information records and monitoring plan documentation, such as records of commodity movements and programme checklists, in order to assist in the effective delivery and distribution of food items or non-food items.
3. Collate assistance programme(s) data in accordance with clear direction, in order to support programme reviews and informative decision-making.
4. Liaise with cooperating partners and internal counterparts to gather feedback and comments to support programme reviews and improve services.
5. Receive and collate comments and feedback from cooperating partners, beneficiaries, and beneficiaries, to support identifying programmatic issues with a view to fostering efficient operations.
6. Provide guidance for cooperating partners on WFP operational practices, monitoring tools and methods in order to support them to complete self-monitoring tasks and to contribute to the visibility of WFP in the coverage areas.
7. Prepare field mission reports to document programme implementation.
8. Follow set emergency response processes and procedures for emergency food assistance.
9. Document any issues, findings and/or observations from field visits through WFP’s systems and weekly reports to the HoP/HoFO.
10. Gather information prior to every monitoring visit on previous visits and key information needs, and report back on progress and resolution of previous issues.
11.Ensure the weekly, monthly and biannual monitoring plan is achieved in a timley and accurate manner.
12. Any other task as required by the Head of Programme within the framework of the TOR.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education.
Experience: Three years of overall experience.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in Arabic and in English.Education: Completion of secondary school education.
|Job Location:||Deir ez-Zor, Syria|
|Job Role:||Support Services|
|Company Industry:||Non-profit Organization|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|