Click here to ApplyProcurement Category Manager – IT/IS – Bahrain Telecommunication Company
The role is responsible to ensure that procurement outcomes within the IT/IS categories of spend are conducted as per Batelco’s procurement policy and corporate governance in an ethical, transparent and fair manner, realizing the best value for money for Batelco and its shareholders. IT/IS categories including IT/IS systems (e.g. OSS, BSS, VAS, Charging & Billing, IT infra, Data Centres, IT Services etc).
- Identify strategic initiatives for the sub-function and contribute to the overall strategic initiatives for Procurement aligned to the Organization Strategy
- Drive the strategic initiatives for the sub-function. Monitor performance against the set KPIs
- Understand the industries within remit including, the local and global dynamics of that industry and the key supplier cost drivers, so as Batelco is in the best position to negotiate favourable terms and conditions.
- Assist Procurement controllers in implementation of supplier and commodity strategies identifying opportunities and managing supplier relationships such that Batelco is viewed as a consistent, fair and transparent organisation.
- Prepare and monitor adherence to the budget for the sub-function. Analyse deviations and take corrective course of action
- Monitor achievement of cost reductions goals in line with the aims and objectives of the Company productivity goal.
- Lead the evaluation of bids and negotiations with bidders to ensure maximization of value to be recovered from scrapped / discarded items, prepare best and final offer (BAFO) and select winning bid
- Facilitate procurement audits as required
- Responsible for establishing the negotiation team within the IT/IS categories, leading the negotiation and finalizing the contract within Batelco’s sourcing policy/guidelines and in a structured, fair and transparent manner.
- Proven ability to develop detailed programme plans, across multiple initiatives within their remit that identifies the necessary activities required to achieve a goal. This includes budget, resources, risks and mitigation strategies.
- Work in close coordination with finance team to proactively plan and implement sourcing strategies depending on budget allocations and approvals.
- Analysis: identify, analyse and solve complex procurement issues; including through robust supply market and financial analysis. Initiates sourcing research/analysis programmes through IT/IS Procurement team. Identify, design and implement new processes, policies, tools and templates required to drive desired outcomes.
- Contract Law/Contract Management: drive contract negotiation strategy in alignment with contract management/legal team and has in-depth knowledge, expertise and experience in leading the negotiation team for complex and/or strategic high-value contracts towards successful completion.
- Negotiating and Influencing: plan and strategize using negotiation tools and methodologies.
- Price Performance (including Total Cost of Ownership (TCO). identify risks and leverage opportunities inherent in vendor pricing strategies.
- Procurement strategy and strategic planning: assist the IT/IS procurement team in development of sourcing strategies and associated delivery programmes that identify and capture sources of value.
- Professional: negotiate supplier integration such as collaborative forecasting, quality measures and supply chain management.
- Supplier Relationship Management: Proven ability to analyse cost elements (such as open book pricing, switching costs, supplier business cost model construction, etc) apply price variation and indexation approaches and challenge price increases in markets with limited competitiveness.
- Strategic Sourcing: pre-qualify suppliers and perform due diligence activities; develop accurate baselines from multiple data sources; develop total cost models, and develop evaluation criteria to support supplier
- Lead interactions with suppliers and review responses to requests for information on demand requirements
- Monitor the process of RFQ (if budget is 2000-20,000) / RFP (anything above 20,000) for evaluation of suppliers. Appoint Committee for evaluation of suppliers in case of RFP
- Review inputs and provide feedback in to technical evaluation conducted by end user departments. Supervise the commercial evaluation of RFQs/RFPs received. Review the ranking to shortlist suppliers for negotiation
- Lead negotiation of commercials and contract terms and conditions with potential suppliers.
- Negotiate prices on combined volume of purchases, to prioritize savings opportunities.
- Ensure that Batelco’s contracts obligations are safeguarded and that business requirements are met in a cost effective and efficient manner
- Select supplier in alignment with Batelco’s policies and procedures and ensure that the contract is signed within stipulated timelines
- Review information received on top suppliers in the market for each category and coordinate the evaluation to shortlist the most qualified/reliable suppliers in terms of financial stability, market reputation, experience and performance
- Partner with shortlisted suppliers for the long term on the terms of the pre-determined legal framework
- Ensure that end user department and supplier relationships are efficiently and effectively managed to enhance user satisfaction, and ensure continuity of provision of quality products in a timely and cost-effective manner
- Ensure that all contracts and purchases adhere to the relevant legal and financial requirements, to avoid undue delays, interruption of service, legal exposure and financial losses.
- Identify opportunities and redesign policies, processes, systems / structural programs and procedures for continuous improvement, covering all individual Functional activities
- Demonstrate visible support for standard Batelco’s procurement tools, templates, policies and practices.
- Liaise with the HR team for closing hiring requirements and ensure that the team is adequately staffed as per business requirements
- Identify training needs and nominate team members for training programs
- Ensure timely completion of PMR process for self and the department
- Continuously share the knowledge and understanding of the telecom industry and business trends
- Ensure active participation in employee engagement surveys.
- Lead initiatives to support the development of competencies and performance of the direct line reports and procurement team in general.
- Fosters a collaborative team environment that is outcomes focused. Manages complex cross-functional programmes and projects, presenting results to Heads/Directors/CxO.
- Skilled at getting individuals, teams, and an entire organisation to perform at higher level and to embrace change; negotiates skillfully to achieve a fair outcome or promote a common cause; communicates a compelling vision and is committed to what needs to be done; inspires others; builds motivated, high performing teams; understands what motivates different people.
- Tertiary qualified in Engineering, Business, Law, Economics, Finance, or related discipline
- The position requires an experienced Category Manager with at least 8-10 years’ [total > 10 years] demonstrable experience in sourcing IT/IS technology categories within the Telecommunications/ICT Industry.
- In-depth understanding of current/upcoming IT/IS specific Technologies within the ICT/Telecom Industry
- Executive Communication and presentation skills, both written and oral.
- Proven ability to develop and present Executive briefings, workshops and reports
- Work planning including programme, project and change management.
- In-depth understanding of IT technologies within Telecommunication industry is a must.
- Arabic language spoken and written skills.
- Membership with a Professional Procurement Body (e.g. CIPS) desirable
|Job Location:||Manama, Bahrain|
|Job Role:||Purchasing and Procurement|