WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
All applications should be received no later than Sunday 10th January 2021
CONTRACT TYPE AND DURATION
This position is open to Syrian or Syrian/Palestinian nationals, or holders of a work permit and residency in Syria.
Contract Type: Service Contract (SC6)
Duration: 12 months
Duty Stations: 1 post in Homs and 1 post in Qamishly Field Offices
Number of required employees: 2
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
In Syria, WFP provides food assistance to more than 4.6 million people each month. This includes families who require emergency assistance when affected by conflict and displacement and also those who need help to improve their nutrition and food security. WFP supports children across Syria with healthy meals and snacks at school, mothers with nutritious diets, and families and communities with sustainable livelihood projects.
The Programme Associate(s) in each Field Office will workin collaboration with the other units of their respective Field Office and with the relevant technical units in Country Office specifically reporting/donor relations, public information and coordination units as applicable.
This post is based in Homs and in Qamishly Field Offices and follow under the direct supervision of the respective Head of Field Office.
To provide effective specialized support and technical analyses to policy and programme activities that effectively meet food assistance needs.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
Within delegated authority, the Programme Associate will be responsible for the following duties: (These duties are generic and thus are not allinclusive nor are all duties carried out by all Programme Associates in each Field Office)
• Monitor and review regular sources of information and data required for support regional media team to manage queries for WFP Syria operation from general public and update Public Information team for drafts of press releases and media messages.
• Facilitate journalist’s visits to WFP operations and help to build appropriate stories related to WFP operation in Syria.
• Help develop a communications strategy to publicize WFP’s work in Syria, contributing to knowledge among beneficiaries and the public (includes working with SARC and cooperating partners for more WFP visibility at distribution points).
• Assist in implementing public information and advocacy strategies developed at the Country Office.
• Support Regional information unit/donor relations unit as needed e.g. messages or photographs for funding proposals and reports.
• Produce photographs, videos and interviews of beneficiaries or stakeholders when required by the Head of Field Office or by Country Office Public Information unit in order to illustrate the humanitarian needs and to promote the WFP response.
• Provide support to the Head of Field Office to address critical information and reporting requirements from the Country Office.
• Liaise with other WFP units and partners to obtain detailed information on humanitarian situation in the field and WFP response.
• Provide regular inputs from the field situation reports (SITREPS) and monthly operational reports, summarizing WFP activities.
• Compile information and data required for other operational reports, donor briefs, maps and other informational tools or products.
• Prepare status and progress reports, including weekly situation reports and adhoc briefs covering operational activities at respective areas of operation. Terms of Reference
• Provide timely update to the Country Office on humanitarian situation developments in the area of responsibilities.
• Support the Head of Field Office in taking minutes of meetings or notes for the records of key meetings in the Field Office or field-level sectorial meetings.
• Chair and pro-actively coordinate the sub national Food Security Sector and other relevant working groups with UN agencies and other humanitarian partners.
• Establish and maintain relationships with key focal persons in the Field Office area of responsibilities for facilitating WFP and partners’ work, waivers, travel facilitation and troubleshooting challenges.
• Support WFP as AHCT chair for the Field Office area of responsibilities.
• Participate in inter agency convoys and missions as food sector focal person.
• Perform other duties as required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area.
Experience: At least five years of relevant work experience.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Arabic.
|Job Location:||Homs, Syria|
|Job Role:||Support Services|
|Company Industry:||Non-profit Organization|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|